Saturday 26 November 2011

My groups roles during the shoot day

Although i was mainly involved with the lighting, during the narrative I had the opportunity to work on the dolly to shoot some tracking shots that we needed for our final piece. I was not the only one who got an opportunity to do this as Abbi also had a go on the dolly. Both of our attempts to do this came out extremely well when we looked at our shots before we started to edit. We also all took it in turn to film the behind the scenes footage that will be posted on my blog shortly.

personally, I really enjoyed my position within the group and enjoyed the opportunities that I had during the shoot day. I particularly enjoyed my Lighting position which enabled me to work closely with the main members of the technical staff that we have at Hurtwood. It placed me in a position which required alot of work and responsibility and after the shoot had finished, I felt that i had met those challenges head on.

Abbi, as the most organised of the group took control of the Director's position. This was a joint decision made by the group and we all felt that at the end of the day that she had done an incredible job. This job involved her giving stage directions to those performing in both the narrative and the performance. It also involved her looking at the screen that was attached to the camera to make sure that the shots we were getting were good enough to be used or whether or not we had to get another shot.

Izzy, who is involved in the Hurtwood Film academy took control of most of the Filming. This again was a joint decision by the group as we felt that Izzy would be able to capture the best shots within the group. Izzy also worked alongside Abbi, to make sure that the shots were as near to perfect as possible.

Finally there was Lizzy, who did an outstanding job working the playback. Lizzy's love for music made her perfect for the position of playback due to the fact that she could tell exactly where to put a new line into the film and knew exactly how the members of the band should be playing their instruments to make it as realistic as possible. During the band run through in the morning Lizzy played a vital role in positioning the band and helping them rehearse their parts within the song.

Vince lombardi once said that "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection then we can catch excellence" and in my eyes this is extremely suited to our efforts on the day and throughout the process of forming the group and setting up the whole of our shoot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment